Such an amazing conference and an extraordinary event! We enjoyed the exceptional participation of national and international speakers, a high scientific level and a pleasant interdisciplinary comparison between different professionals of Eye Care. Between the top speakers from USA and Europe who joined the podium to give latest best practices for scleral lenses, four of those are ESP experts! That was a brilliant opportunity to show our device and receive feedback from them.
We would like to share with you some of the highlights from the expert presentations:
- Eef van der Worp speaking about ocular shape and the optimal diameter for scleral lens in regular and irregular corneas. The sclera has a non-rotational symmetrical shape and cannot be securely predicted from the shape of the cornea.
- Brian Tompkins presenting his magic. Seriously a good presentation about passion for fitting scleral lenses.
- Langis Michaud emphasizing the impact of central clearance and answering if there is variation in intra-ocular pressure.
- Giancarlo Montani highlighting the use of the scleral profiler to minimize the complications related to a non-optimal fitting.
- Kyriakos Telamitsi who presented a poster explaining how to deal with a pinguecula when fitting scleral lenses and the importance of measuring the surface of the sclera to customize the lens.
This poster and other publications will be upload and can be read in our Eaglet Eye Academy.
Finally, Eaglet Eye would like to congratulate Daddi Fadel for the great job, the excellent organization and for inviting Eaglet Eye as a sponsor in the first international interdisciplinary congress from the AILeS.